Some situations where the imip-agent framework can provide automation opportunities.
Room and Resource Booking
- Enforce booking privileges
- Enforce booking "budgets" to prevent people booking too many things or booking things simultaneously that they will attend
- Support pools of resources where one address may be responsible for multiple units that are not individually identified at the time of booking
Support duration limits and start/end time granularity, using COUNTER to suggest acceptable periods
- Support checks to verify the right to request an appointment
- Allow both requester-initiated and requester-contacted transactions
Assistant and Secretarial
- Handle certain kinds of events whilst leaving others to the recipient
Event voting is effectively the gathering of free/busy information from participants followed by the selection of a specific period by an organiser.
- Free/busy information is solicited from potential recipients by the organiser.
- Recipients respond with details of their availability (typically emphasising when they are free for the event, busy otherwise).
- The organiser then decides on a free period and notifies all free participants as normal.
- Recipients respond as normal to the event invitation.
A Web interface would merely provide a direct means of indicating event-specific free/busy information.